Blower not turning off

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome8283

Reaction score
Got up this morning and my central air blower was running but the compressor was off. It seems to be switch related because the compressor did come back on after the temperature rose. Usually when I turn off the air from the thermostat the compressor and blow turn off. Now the compressor turns off only. What could be the problem?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
An easy fix and one you'd kick yourself for if calling out a tech.

My wife called out a tech for an intermittent furnace problem where it would run for less than a minute and shutoff. The tech tore the furnace apart before realizing the problem. Turns out the wife tossed a blanket on top of the garbage cans that where right below the fresh air intake for the furnace. The wind was blowing up a flap of blanket that would sometimes block the intake. DOH!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks