Blocked vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I also bet I clean more drains in a week than you do in 2 or 3 months...
Working smarter not harder can be profitable...

ThePhanatic

Reaction score

You guys ever come accross stuff ina clog like this one?
Whats the wildest item pulled so far???

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your clog is probably a bit of sludge and hair.
Is the tub on that drain also?

Yea i've pulled out some weird stuff.
I think the weirdest stuff I found has come out of toilets...
Kids throw stuff in...

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score

I bet not Hackwood. I bet all 5' 11" of ya pip squeak.Working smarter is not pulling the trap E V E R Y time you clean a lav, bath or K.S. It work's better when you can actually see when you cleared the blockage. Keep using your fancy machine, it's not impressive.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
th_drunk7.jpg
How Redwood clean's drain's. Yuk!!!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can understand not investing in proper equipment to do a job if you don't do it often. Spending a couple of g's on a drain cleaning rig is a bit much if you sit on the bench most of the day. I like to get out and do a bunch of work make serious money, and go home nice and early. I'm just saying if you don't have the right equipment to do the job right why pretend to the customer that you are doing them a service.

Your probably one of those guys tha gets a drain call, shows up with your silly little hand snake, play around with it for an hour or so, say it's to tough, give them a bill for your incompetence, then tell them to call a Rooter outfit...

I know the type! For some reason they feel they are providing a service.
In reality they are just a rip off! Go ahead tell the customer all you do is hot bend pvc at new construction. Do what you are good at! Don't pull the customes chain!

As I understand it from talking with one of your customers you're to cheap to even spend $40 on a toilet auger!

hackplumber101augeringatoilet.jpg

Now lets just shake hands and end this feud....
On second thought lets skip the hand shake!

laugh-1.gif

Just remember, by the time you take your afternoon break Ol' Red will probably have done 4 drain lines, and a water heater replacement. He'll probably skip the break to do another job so he can be relaxing at the pool before 3. Hopefully it's not too busy after the holiday weekend.

Flasmiley.gif

After talking with a few Wisconsin Union trained plumbers in forums, I have doubts about the value of the training provided. You are a shining example of one of the most brilliant ones out of their program I have yet conversed with. I'm thinking the picture below might just be their training program...

smiley_headremoval24.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Part of the reason why I pull the trap is that I'm going to snake the full length of the run. In residential drains I have to give a 6 month guarantee. I'm going to do my damndest to make sure I'm not going back.

I'm curious how a spoon could have made its way into the drain...

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
Part of the reason why I pull the trap is that I'm going to snake the full length of the run. In residential drains I have to give a 6 month guarantee. I'm going to do my damndest to make sure I'm not going back.

I'm curious how a spoon could have made its way into the drain...

Sure, pull the trap if you see something in the trap. But the way I have been discribing work's best for me so I will countinue. Why would you guarentee drain's for 6 mos.. oh wait, you tell them that and when and if you have to go back you tell them it is not covered because something they did.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Our company policy is 6 months. If it was taillights I would use your method but then I wouldn't feel to good about myself either!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You wouldn't have the problem...
Your customers might!

Have a nice day!
I've got a customer I need to go see...
Sitting on the bench again today huh?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with 6 months. By the time I run the 60 down it and then take a peek with the see snake, I'm pretty sure the drains clean. running a 1/4" cable down there may unplug it for a bit, but it does very little for scrubbing down the pipe. We have 13 service trucks on the road and not one single hand snake on any of them.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
besides it's ineffectivness, running a hand snake with the customer watching you is an open invitation for them to head on down to the Depot and cut out the middle man next time. I like the K60 or even a drum machine. The cable and choice of cutters and end tools is limit less. It is a professional looking and working tool that the customer is impressed with (along with the cam, they love the cam) It does a superior job and allows my guys to charge a good rate and guarantee our work. I always purchase and use the very best, top of the line tools available. Partly because I like quality and partly because of company image. Look like a slob, customer thinks you're a slob, even if you are not.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What do you use for cams NH Master?
I don't cam every drain... Just the ones I think need it.
I usually find just what I think is there.
I think the best screening tools are feeling the cable and listening to the line...

I once had an apprentice think I was crazy when I told him to go thump on a manhole lid with a 3 LB. hammer.
I called him on the walkie talkie and asked if he did it yet and he says yea...
I said bring in the cam this line has a sag!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks