Blinking Green LED on Daikin CTXS

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffNY

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My friend Dave put in a ductless system in his home two years ago. One of the units had a blinking green LED, but everything seemed to work fine for both cooling and heating, so he let it go. Well, last week he switched back over to making heat and now this one unit won't make heat, the fins stay closed. Anyone have any suggestions what it might be?

Thanks,
Jeff

4MXS32GVJU Outdoor unit
FTXS15LVJU
CTXS07LVJU <<bedroom blinking green light
CTXS09HVJU
CTXS07LVJU

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Have you pored through the manual ?

Where is the blinking LED located on/in the unit?

If he switches it back to cooling mode does it work?

JeffNY

Reaction score
The blinking green LED is on the air handler unit in the bedroom, on the right side next to the IR receiver.

But last night he did (on the outdoor unit) turn off all 4 switches so no unit is set to "Priority Room"....and now the green LED on the bedroom unit seems to have stopped blinking, and the unit is now blowing heat. humm

Beads

All thumbs
Reaction score
My systems (not Daikin) do the flashing green light thing, and other similar behavior described above, when one unit is in a different mode (heat or cool) from the one you are trying to set. If he did not have another indoor unit in a different mode, perhaps some electronic "switches" were stuck and he reset things when he fooled with it.

I did have a reversal valve go bad under warranty on one of my three compressor/outdoor units. Tapping on the valve with a screwdriver head would make it change modes temporarily and run for a while where I wanted it. It would not, however, leave its default position and stay where I wanted it until the valve was replaced.

JeffNY

Reaction score
Beads, thanks for the reply. My friend turned off the Priority setting on one of the zones (so no zone has priority), everything fine now! We are not sure what happened. I was thinking he had the DIP switched backwards, so three zones were set to Priority. But were aren't sure what the problem was, but it seems fine now. Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks