Bleach in your toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

bobinparma

Reaction score
I have heard conflicting stories about using bleach in your toilet and that it pits the ceramic coating and destroys the toilet, yet most toilet bowl cleaners contain bleach such as Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
What is the truth? Should I use it or not?:confused:

CHH

Reaction score
Bleach in the bowl is fine. Porcelain can't be chemically damaged by much since it's surface is basically glass.

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
Bleach will eventually destroy any rubber parts in the tank so don't use one of those in-tank continuous cleaners.

A quarter-cup of bleach in the tank, let set for a few minutes (no more than ten) and then flush. Add a quarter-cup of bleach to the bowl and swab all over. Let this set for ten to twenty minutes, swab all over again and flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks