Bladder Replacment

Users who are viewing this thread

TMULLEN

Reaction score
I Would Like To Know If There Is A Way To Replace The Bladder In My Gould Model Wm-6 Pressure Tank.

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
If there is a bolted flange on the bottom of the tank, then the bladder can be replaced.
Ron

Speedbump

Reaction score
Their is only one tank I know of that has that flange to change bladder like Ron said. The reason I believe it the bladder was not too good in the first place.

Before trying to do this job, be advised that it is probably one of the messiest jobs your ever going to encounter. And it's not as easy as it looks.

Do yourself a favor and buy a new tank. If you want one that will last a long time, go with either Flexcon or Well X Trol.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

mrichi

Reaction score
You'll need 1/2 a day to complete this. The old bladder has to be cut and yanked out. This will take a little time. Make sure you get the manufacturers replacement bladder. It will arrive folded up so that you can insert with ease.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I am going to let you read an email I got today from a man who just replaced a bladder. You be the judge of whether you want to attempt it or not.

bob...

"
Dear Sir, in March We replaced the bladder in our 220 gal. tank. It worked fine for several months then I noticed that the water had a smell to it so I thought the other tank had went bad.When trouble shooting I discovered that the old bladder was fine and the new one was in fact the bad one. ( It appears to have a small hole in it) when we put new bladder in tank we rolled it up as tight as possible and only got it in after several attempts by putting vaseline on it. Was this an incorrect installation or just a bad bladder? What is the proper way to install a new bladder in a old tank? Thanks, Jim

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks