Bladder Replacement ??

Users who are viewing this thread

duddley63

Reaction score
I have just replaced my pressure tank because i could not find a replacement bladder for my older tank (5yrs old). It was a 42 gal Flotec , so here is my question . Why sell a tank and claim it has a replaceable bladder if they don't make a replacement bladder. ???. If they do make one can someone direct me in the right directionto look on the net. TIA

duddley63

Reaction score
Yes, But

I understand that it is much cleaner and less frustration if you buy new tank . However , iam interested in knowing the price difference from replacing the bag to replacing the whole tank.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is a link that shows part numbers for replacement bladders. http://www.flotecpump.com/pdf/FP490.PDF

The problem is that tanks are often discounted due to competition among suppliers of tanks. Since there is no competition for replacement bladders you are probably going to pay list price. Add to that the fact that you will probably have to pay an additional labor charge for replacing the bladder, I suspect that it would cost more to have a pro replace the bladder than to replace the tank.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Replacing the tank was the right choice.

As a selling point several tank companies used to advertise replaceable bladders.

Most people and installers found it was best to just replace the tank.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You can't imagine what that tank looks like on the inside. Not only is it nasty, but if you have iron, some iron can form little spurs on metal as it builds up. The Flotec bladder is not by any stretch top of the line, so imagine what those little spurs are going to do to the new bladder.

I changed one bladder. What a mess. I will never do it again.

bob...

R

Rancher

A quick look at the prices, not including shipping.

New 42 gallon Flotec tank $109.99 (Northern Tool)

New Bladder for that tank is $79.00 (Pump Agents)

So how many hours are you going to take to replace that bladder 1-2 hours for saving $30? And then you still have an old tank.

Rancher

duddley63

Reaction score
OK , Thanks for the info . This is what i was looking for and i see from the responses that it is not worth the hassle to replace the bladder . Thank you

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I've replaced bladder fuel tanks in aircraft, which are designed to be replaced, and they are no fun. I suspect the tank bladder is at least as bad, although you aren't breathing gasoline fumes...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks