Black specs in hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

MVS

Reaction score
We are seeing black specs in hot water. It was coming in master bathroom bath tub first but now it is coming in all the faucets. It is little rubbery in touch and leaves black smears. Water heater was just replaced last ear Nov 2017. Our plumbing is copper pipes. Not sure what is causing it. Can you please advise me what could be causing this issue? Called up the water heater company Rheem and they said I need to get the anode rod changed. Plumbers are saying it doesn't seem like a water heater issue. We have flushed the water heater once and these specs were found in flushed water heater also. We live in VA and have water from Fairfax Water. Adding more pics of heater's plumbing at the top and anode rod from the top.

Attachments

• Black specs after flushing the water heater.jpg
    Black specs after flushing the water heater.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 254
  • Heater3.jpg
    Heater3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Heater2.jpg
    Heater2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Heater1.jpg
    Heater1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Phog

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks