Black specks in hot water in master bathtub

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Tom Le, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Tom Le

Tom Le New Member

Hi, when I turned on the bathtub hot water faucet, there appear to have small back particles coming out during first 5-10 seconds. The MOEN faucets was installed when home was built in 2013. I checked all the other faucets but there are no problem except for the sink that is three feet away. What do I need to replace? Thanks

2. MASTERPLUMB777

MASTERPLUMB777 In the Trades

Retired Master Plumber
    Check if your water heater has some type of flex connections they tend to flake off as they age,

Terry likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Terry likes this.
  4. dgeist

dgeist Member

Did you take the diffuser screens off the other faucets before you checked them? They will stop pretty much all particulate. I had a plumber replace a water service in my yard and not flush the line at a hose bib... Every one of my faucets still ran clean after 10 seconds of flushing, but the diffusers were nearly blocked with tiny bits of dirt and plastic.