Black sludge like stuff coming out of tub & shower faucet and bath sink faucets and toilet holes und

Users who are viewing this thread

mandy8371

Reaction score
1st of all.....the home is 8 years old and we moved in brand new....2 1/2 baths but only the bedroom bath has these problems.....hot water heater in attic and checked and said no problems...but you can wipe your hand on shower head and black stuff on your hand...stick your finger inside sink faucets and tub faucet and nasty black stuff....these black spots also shatter on side of tub after shower.....does not just rinse off...has to be cleaned off with cleaner and scrubbing....and the potty has this nasty stuff too always under the rim and coming from those holes in the rim area................this is driving me nuts .....I have tried those tablets in tanks and nothing....have attempted cleaning once a week but not enough....and even the 2 sinks side by side are nasty and stuff up in faucets and down drains..........................I had plumbers here abt 2 yrs ago to check and again last yr.........they said they cleaned out the pipes in the tub/shower ? and resealed it back together again?.......................do have to admit that it was ok for abt a week or 2 and then it was all back again....................and with the other 2 bathrooms..........nothing...........just can not understand it...I feel it is some kind of mold because we do live in the Charleston SC area .....the bathroom has 1 window and a ceiling bath fan which we always use..the tub/shower is fiberglass and the sinks are marble and no...I do not keep the potty seat down all the time........is there anyone out there who can give me some idea what it is and what I can do to end it....................thanks.............

Reaction score
Try talking to your neighbors, I bet they are getting it too.

I think it is a good idea to report this to your local municipal water works.

Depending which solution is quicker, you may want to invest in a water filtration system. There are many recommended here in the forums.

You may want to Google: Gardena black water
493992_630x354.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your neighbors have it too, then it has to do with the water source, so call your water supplier and see if you can get an answer from them.

Whatever you find, please report back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks