Black marks

Users who are viewing this thread

floatask

Reaction score
Hi

I hope that toilet means also all what in bethroom and I in the right sub forum (English isn't native language).
I tihnk that the time did some probelms in my bethroom.
I attch photo. What is those black marks? How can I remove them?

I also have several problems with the shower. What is the options here to attch video?
1.png

Reach4

Reaction score
1. A dilute chlorine bleach solution may or may not cut the black stuff. But if it does, that kinda tells you what the deal is-- probably mildew. How dilute? I am thinking maybe 5% to 10% bleach, and the rest water. There are also cleaners that kill mildew. Use a brush, such as an old toothbrush.

Then apply caulking. An acrylic caulk with some silicone is probably good. Choose one that indicates it is good for bathtubs, because those are normally mildew-resistant.

floatask

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. Do you need it batter to do this myself? I had plumber in my home for something else, and he said that it need to remove the silicone and wait for period of time that this isn't moved to the new silcone or something like this.

I see that no one was answer about option to add video, so I will give picture (video will be better). I also have some problems with the shower. I think that the best thing will be to replace all if I can easily replace them, but I don't sure I can remove all of them:

1. What can I do wiith the black rubber?
1.png

2. When I pull the string this happened (this wasn't from the begining):
3.png

2.png

3. What is the green marks? Is it paint or something else?
4.png

4. And here some rush
5.png

5. I think that the best option will be remove it all and put something new. Is there any option to remove the long rod and what is attached to the wall?
6.png

6. And last thing that I forgot to ask. Below the sink with the black marks there is some disk plate with a lot of rust. Is there any option to remove them and replace with new without breaking the wall?

7.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
replace the broken down hose. maintain property, clean , recaulk, or replace. its old worn out stuff

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best way to share a video is to post it to Youtube and share a link to the video.

Are these bathroom fixtures installed in or near a swimming pool or close to the ocean / salt water?

The chrome plating has failed and the underlying metal is corroding due to exposure to a corrosive agent such as salt air or chlorine.

The black rubber gasket around the shower hose outlet needs to be carefully removed and replaced with caulking.

floatask

Reaction score
Are these bathroom fixtures installed in or near a swimming pool or close to the ocean / salt water?
No. Is it possible that who build the building made problems that cause to do? I think that the building was build before something like 8-10 years ago. Lately there was leak from the water heater and the water came to who live one floor below, there mean that they didn't caulked the floor there although they should.

Are you think that I can all this things alone or it will be better to call plaumber? (the one that was about the leak and something in the toilet took a lot of money and only solve the problem in the heat water)

Any chance that you know what is the green marks? I thought the black marks was color or something and now I understand from what you wrote that this isn't too much healty

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
just scrub it clean and caulk install a new hose. otherwise it just needs a good cleaning or replacements

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The shower hose is this item. It should be replaced. And if you don't like the looks of the kit, replace the entire bar, hose and wall elbow kit.
1679694790090.png

The green spots are corrosion from the brass body of the valve. Typically found in highly corrosive environments. But perhaps the chrome plating was not very high quality.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry a bit of language barrier . the hose is trash but if you arent ready you can wait the other stuff just looks old wash it or buy new, but its old or poor quality.
The Escutions and angle stops just look old and cruddy but a little work might clean them up a bit.

floatask

Reaction score
ok, I decided that I want to replace it all. Could I remove it from the wall? I try to pull this from the wall, but it even didn't move, so it seems to me that without drill in the wall, there is no option to remove it

12.png

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would be difficult for most of us to know how to dismantle the fixtures you have since they very likely would be a different manufacture than what most of us based in the USA would normally install. I don't see an obvious button to remove that would reveal a hidden screw/mount

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks