BioBidet Prodigy P-770 stop valve size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gslenk

Reaction score
The supplied hose has what appears to be a 1/2" fitting on the stop valve side. The whole thing comes with a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter (optional). The hose itself is larger than the standard 3/8 supply hose for any normal toilet.

I have not yet installed stop valves in the bathroom, just 1/2" copper stubs sticking out of the wall.

Should I continue to use the 3/8 stop valve I have (Dahl valve), or would there be any benefit to getting a 1/2" outlet stop valve? Only problem I have is it could take me a week to get one, since it would have to be ordered in my area, I have the 3/8 outlet on hand.

Also, is a 1/2 compression outlet the correct fitting, or is it likely that it should be 1/2 male pipe thread? I would think comp. is OK since that's how the 3/8 lines are installed.

biobidet-prodigy-03.jpg

prodigy-smart-toilet-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you order different stops, make sure it fits the hoses you have. Most 1/2" to 3/8" adapters I've seen are for 1/2" IP and not comp.

biobidet-prodigy-04.jpg

Last edited:

Gslenk

Reaction score
Have you ever had less than satisfactory results using a 3/8 stop valve with the adapter, instead of up-sizing the stop valve to eliminate the adapter? I hope the restriction won't matter since this is a tankless toilet.

I'd prefer to use Dahl valves, since that is what I've been replacing everything with in this house.

Seems like they don't make a 5/8 comp x 1/2 MIP angle valve: 611-33-63 would be the part number, unless I configured it incorrectly.

EDIT: Yup incorrect configuration, it would probably be:
611-33-01 (Copper) 5/8 OD Comp X 1/2 Fem. Solder or 1/2 MIP

Looks like some (not all) signs point towards keeping the standard 3/8 valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When I have installed the TOTO Neorest, they have a larger supply and shutoff provided.
If BioBidet says it works with the reduction to 3/8", then just go with what they sent you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
prodigy-smart-toilet-02.jpg

Someone else installed this one. It should have been checked fro shimming. And a plate on the outlet would be nice.

prodigy-smart-toilet-03.jpg

With the seat removed. There is a tab that gets pushed in and allows the seat to slide away from the wall and off.

prodigy-smart-toilet-04.jpg

The closet bolts get tightened up before the top seat is installed.

And a 1/2" IP stop would be a good way to go on these.

Gslenk

Reaction score
I went with the 3/8 stop and supplied adapter. Seems to work fine, no leaks. Flush/cyclone is strong enough. Any more "power" from a larger supply and it might throw water out of the bowl during a flush. Luckily, I like my outlets dead center behind the toilet, it is well hidden. Thanks for the input!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The specified flow rate of the toilet would determine whether a standard 3/8 stop would work. Some bidet toilets require a minimum GPM flow rate exceeding what a 3/8 stop can provide.

Reach4

Reaction score
The specified flow rate of the toilet would determine whether a standard 3/8 stop would work. Some bidet toilets require a minimum GPM flow rate exceeding what a 3/8 stop can provide.
Sounds like a blast. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks