big sink demo/removal

Users who are viewing this thread

mikemc53

Reaction score
OK, I have a large (5 X 2) , old, kitchen type sink in my basement and it appears to be enamel over steel or enamel over cast iron. It is VERY heavy. We are looking to get it out of there and it seems like a real task. Is this something I can break up with a sledge? It would seem that the enamel (or whatever the ceramic like material is) may be able to be broken off but the under-structure, whether steel or cast, might be a real pain.

I did one years ago that was a smaller laundry tub but it wasn't enamel or ceramic. It was almost a concrete like material (this was over 30 years ago) and I sledge hammered it into manageable chunks and all that was left was a fairly flimsy metal under-structure that I could carry out. This one seems, at least at first glance, to be a bit different so I am looking for advice.

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks