BIG remodel job. Need to get a budget established

Users who are viewing this thread

Mspearlywhites

Reaction score
Hi fellow diyers,

I'm new here, but I came across a good opportunity to start a business, except that the building has been gutted by vandals looking for copper piping. The space is about 2400 square feet.

It needs a new HVAC system because the enrien system was ripped out by the Vandals.

The list of work to do is below:

HVAC: none existing. Needs two new units
Roof: minor leaking noted from pitched roof
Electrical: .All has been gutted. Walls need to be exposed in some areas to reach electrical to patch it up.
Potential code violation:. It looks like an interior wall has been put up against an exterior wall and window . The space they created used to be a courtyard area

Plumbing: .No plumbing exiwexis
Landscaping: need to cut down several trees, clean up brush. Pave parking areas, need to pave about 10 parking spots

Windows: 15 windows.. All are either broken or boarded up, out of date and old. Need to replace all windows

The agent says he's confident it will only take $30,000 to bring this building back up to speed, but I'm budgeting closer to $75k. Any thoughts on where to start and how much this all might cost?

I'm going to get some repair estimates but I feel kind of overwhelmed by how many repairs we have to do!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Start calling subs for estimates. With estimates in, you get a clearer picture.
The RE agent is too low with his/her overall estimate, he/she only cares about his/her commission. Your estimate is more realistic.
If you need 2 new A/C package units plus new ducts and registers, that alone you are looking at 15K+.
If you are new to construction, this might look frightening to you. Remember: many first time projects easily go over budget. Then there is time schedule to follow and sequence/coordination among the subs.
Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks