Big Blue Sediment Filter Questions

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Anotherpyr, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Anotherpyr

Anotherpyr New Member

So I have a Pentek 10” Big Blue filter. The sump on it has the part number 142638 Rev A. Since the water is turned off when the filter is being replaced, I’d like to get a spare sump for it so I could just swap them each time I change the filter. That part seems to be discontinued.

Will the 153029 10” sump fit?
    What about the 10” big clear? I see it uses a different gasket, but it would be nice to visually see when the filter needs to be replaced.

Also, is this something that needs to be replaced every 5 years? Mine is at least 15 years old.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    May need to ask Pentair about this.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I think yes, and 153070 if you want to switch to 20 inch.

No. Not compatible.