Bidet toilet seat OR Bidet Toilet? Seeking recommendations (incl brands/models)

Users who are viewing this thread

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
I'm doing a complete bathroom remodel and considering toilet options. I'm look for something with an upscale look *and* function with bidet features, as this will be the last/ultimate remodel for this bathroom. I'd welcome recommendations for specific models/brands.
Also, should I get a bidet toilet or a bidet seat to fit on a regular toilet? I'd like dual flush and 1.28 gallon for the larger flush.
If I opt for a separate bidet seat, I'm considering a "comfort height" toilet. Any brand/model recommendations? I prefer a Toto but I'm open to recomendations.
(Terry: I see your September 14 post--would that be your top recommendation? And then add a Toto Washlet C5? I see your review of the Kohler Cimmaron which has all the features I'm looking for, and Consumer Reports rated it highest, but I'm not big on Kohlers after two failed Kohler Rialtos in the 1980s.)
Cimarron® Comfort Height® toilet with Revolution 360 swirl flush

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Truly upscale, I would install a Neorest or a Kohler. I prefer the look to these over a toilet with a washlet because it doesn't look like an Add On. There are different models with different designs to better match other features of a bathroom so for me it comes down to the asthetic as they will all have most of the same features. I've installed LOTS of Neorest but have installed 1 of Kohler and that customer loves it and will be installing a second on his next remodel. I just replaced our old model 600 in our office with an AH model.

But some of the washlets paired with the T40 model bowls and the more sleek S550e washlet look pretty good too. Especially if the water lines and the electrical are well placed so it doesn't look like an afterthought.

Neorest RH.jpg

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
Truly upscale, I would install a Neorest or a Kohler. I prefer the look to these over a toilet with a washlet because it doesn't look like an Add On. There are different models with different designs to better match other features of a bathroom so for me it comes down to the asthetic as they will all have most of the same features. I've installed LOTS of Neorest but have installed 1 of Kohler and that customer loves it and will be installing a second on his next remodel. I just replaced our old model 600 in our office with an AH model.

But some of the washlets paired with the T40 model bowls and the more sleek S550e washlet look pretty good too. Especially if the water lines and the electrical are well placed so it doesn't look like an afterthought.

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
Thanks for your comprehensive reply--Your information helped me decide I'm definitely going to go for a toilet plus washlet, rather than the Neorest or Kohler where the washlet feature is incorporated.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hope to see the finished product!

This is a project we finished recently with the Kohler Veil Bidet toilet. Pretty bold finishes in this project!
Kohler Hatbox Bidet.jpg

Last edited:

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
Amazingly, the fact that (at least) the Neorest seat automatically rises when approached is a non-starter. My bathroom is small and the Neorest would be saluting every time I used the sink or took a shower. Very nice to look at your installation photo.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can turn the auto lift feature off.. or set it to only happen if someone stands in front of it for 30,60 seconds.. but yeah... ive experienced it when it does it annoyingly.. Some of the Washlets have that feature too so just turn that feature off.

Just to be sure, I checked in the s55oe manual to make sure it can have the auto open/close feature deactivated. It can. These models specifically have no auto open/close SW3046AT40, SW3046, SW3044AT40, SW3044. (of course double check before purchasing)

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just buy bidet from https://www.lushwash.in/. Cheaper and comes with all the functions you mentioned.
Are those even available in the US, they look to be an Indian company with no presence in the US market? Do they have any certifications to be installed in the US/CAN? They don't have a lot of information on that site to indicate they are approved or how they are installed. Very likely they use a different water connection.

As a follow up, the new Toto Washlets are even more slim now making them an even more attractive installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks