Bidet seat for Caroma Sydney Smart II — recommendations? Warnings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Flamingfish

Reaction score
I’ve got a Caroma Sydney Smart II one-piece elongated toilet on order. Is there anything I should know about choosing a bidet seat for it? Do bidet seats fit pretty much any toilet?

Any recommendations for a relatively basic, reliable bidet seat? Warm water and easy to clean are the only necessary features on my list — no need for bells & whistles, lights & sirens, aromatherapy, soothing musical accompaniment, blow dryers, or lids that open whenever I approach. (And “enema mode” is a whole world of no.)

Reach4

Reaction score
While you think about it, consider a bidet attachment for under $50. IMO, the need for heat is overrated. A valve that you can turn to your preferences has its plusses. You won't see a potential advantage to an available higher stream flow until the need arises.

I don't know that toilet. I know my bidet attachment works with a wooden seat, but gets pinched with at least one plastic seat.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That Caroma takes a standard elongated seat, which is good, as most bidet seats are elongated.
You will love having a seat in the Winter that is warm when you sit down. Warm water wash is also nice. All it takes for these is having a outlet on a GFI circuit that you can plug into.

I buy seats from this place, they do a nice job.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I might be biased as a Toto installer / technician, but they are a great company that stands behind their product (not while you're using it of course, that would be creepy). If warm water is desired, then an electrical outlet is required as Terry pointed out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks