Bidet seat electrical outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

NKaufman

Reaction score
Hello,

For a Bidet seat, am looking to put an electrical outlet and was wondering what's the preferred location
- behind tank?
- behind tank but above tank so as to not have the outlet near water source?

Looked a several pictures here but didn't notice yet where the outlet was installed.

What brand GFCI outlet do people recommend here?

Thanks,

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
We mostly see the electrical outlet to the right, and maybe 8" from center. That will be enough even for a 'skirted' WC.
There is no rule for outlet re water as long as it is GFCI and not in path of direct water (like from a shower). In that case, an "in-use" protective cover is used.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most manufactures will have a diagram of the location of the electrical outlet. Most Toto bidet seats and Neorest come with a 3-4ft cord.

The one in our office is on the Right facing the toilet. One I just recently serviced was to the left of the water supply Left of the toilet.

Choice is yours ultimately. Accessibility vs Asthetics as long as its within reach of the supplied cord.

Rossn

Reaction score
First, I'm not a pro.

For posterity, here is some reference info and photos for a Toto Nexus I installed and wired yesterday. I also couldn't find much on this.

Left side of opening is ~7-1/8" from CL of toilet.
Top of opening is 12" AFF

I wanted to keep the receptacle reasonably out of sight, but per NEC, must also keep readily accessible. At this location, I can still use a long screw driver on the receptacle screws, but it is tight. I would probably go another 1/2" - 3/4" to the right, which is just about what breplum said :)

In my case, the GFCI is on a dual-function breaker dedicated to this receptacle (seat peaks at 1440w). Haven't gotten to picking up a cover plate yet, since it just went in yesterday.

Important to note that new to 2020 NEC, there is a new 3' rule (distance shower/tub to nearest receptacle), 406.9(C).

1656346478686.jpeg

However, I also noticed in my research that there is a proposal for exception for bidet seats, which if approved, I believe would not hit until a future code cycle.

Hope this helps.

nexus_outlet_7_12-1.jpg
nexus_outlet_7_12-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks