Biasi boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Robraf

Reaction score
Hello.
can anyone help me setup my home boiler .
I have Biasi SG-4 with riello 40 f5 burner , indirect hw Vaughn Top performer Plus 50 gal , two fan coil units First Co 36HBXB-HW( max heating BTU at 140F - 51,100 each unit), radiant floor heat for room size 12’x16’ - so is total four zones .
what are the best settings for the furnace- nozzle, head settings, air settings,
what should be the boiler temperature set for
I have intellicone HW+ - what should be the setting on that
hot water heater is set to 130F with 15 differential.
Thank you in advance.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The fan coil units should be able to get as hot as you want them. Check them to make sure, but if it were me I'd want them to be comfortably hot. I think you'll want to play with it to see how they perform.

Is this in a home?

Robraf

Reaction score
130F furnace temperature ? Sims too low . My current temperature set on furnace is about 180F

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
130F furnace temperature ? Sims too low . My current temperature set on furnace is about 180F
If it's a condensing boiler then lower temps are fine. If it's a non condensing boiler it needs higher temps.

If your installing your own boiler then reading the documents for install is the bare minimum. Maybe someone here wants to research your particular boiler, but generally the installer sets it up and explains how to run it.

Robraf

Reaction score
My nozzle is .85x60*W ,air setting 2.75 head 1 ,I’m currently burning 6,7 gallons a day - I think that’s too much.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Minimum return water temp 135° with a three pass boiler. Setup for the burner 170800 input 147000 out according to the install manual all other settings barometric damper (draft), inlet air, pump pressure and analyzer reading need to be done by a qualified service person. 4 zones of radiate in a 12 x16 room? How long are the loops and pex size. How are they controlled? Like to see a some pics of the system. Did someone run a load on the house or how was the boiler size picked.

Robraf

Reaction score
Minimum return water temp 135° with a three pass boiler. Setup for the burner 170800 input 147000 out according to the install manual all other settings barometric damper (draft), inlet air, pump pressure and analyzer reading need to be done by a qualified service person. 4 zones of radiate in a 12 x16 room? How long are the loops and pex size. How are they controlled? Like to see a some pics of the system. Did someone run a load on the house or how was the boiler size picked.
I have :
-one zone for radiant only 5/16” pex approx 7000 BTU split to two loops with uponor manifolds,
- one zone for water heater
- and two zones for hydro air (one for each floor)
I tried to upload pics but is to large for website.

Robraf

Reaction score
I got it , maybe this will help
I have :
-one zone for radiant only 5/16” pex approx 7000 BTU split to two loops with uponor manifolds,
- one zone for water heater
- and two zones for hydro air (one for each floor)
I tried to upload pics but is to large for website.
i got it , maybe this will help .

Attachments

• B22B54E1-D891-4C15-A9D3-97E6D6278256.jpeg
    B22B54E1-D891-4C15-A9D3-97E6D6278256.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 105

Fitter30

Reaction score
Couldn't find as of yet on 5/16 pex 3/8 is 22 btu's per ft. Where did u get ur info and how long are the.loops. In boiler install manual nozzle size listed 1x60 at 145 psi for ur burner.

Robraf

Reaction score
Couldn't find as of yet on 5/16 pex 3/8 is 22 btu's per ft. Where did u get ur info and how long are the.loops. In boiler install manual nozzle size listed 1x60 at 145 psi for ur burner.
I have approx. 440 LF of 5/16 pex for radiant heat .
It looks like it won’t be more than 5000 BTU .
The house is about 2600 SQ ft

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks