Best way to tie into existing propane plumbing (picture included)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Whipsaw

Reaction score
Hi. I'm installing an additional heater in my RV and need an extra propane line. I'm going to be using flexible 1/4" propane hose (20' premade). This is the area I need to tie into. You can see there are 2 brass tees coming off a galvanized tee from the black iron pipe.

My thought was to add a brass cross to replace one of the brass tees, which would need to be 3 flares to pipe on the 4th (if they make that), or else all flares then run a female flare to male pipe adapter on one of the flare ends. Otherwise, I'd need to swap out that galvanized tee with a galvanized cross, unless there's a better way to do it. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20200714_150336_resized.jpg
    20200714_150336_resized.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 176

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would add a black or gal T and reconcider using the rubber hose I think hose is for temporary hook ups not permanant. not crazy about copper but thats how rvs are . So I guess Id run the copper

Whipsaw

Reaction score
I would add a black or gal T and reconcider using the rubber hose I think hose is for temporary hook ups not permanant. not crazy about copper but thats how rvs are . So I guess Id run the copper

Thank you for the reply. This is an older RV. All the new RVs use flexible propane hose so I am not concerned about that, and it's what the heater calls for. I am concerned about using the right fitting, though I suppose there is more than one way to skin a cat.

PS- I think the easiest way will be to remove the galvanized tee and replace it with a galvanized cross. Then I'll just get a 1/2" male x 1/4" female npt coupler.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. This is an older RV. All the new RVs use flexible propane hose so I am not concerned about that, and it's what the heater calls for. I am concerned about using the right fitting, though I suppose there is more than one way to skin a cat.

PS- I think the easiest way will be to remove the galvanized tee and replace it with a galvanized cross. Then I'll just get a 1/2" male x 1/4" female npt coupler.

Im not sure about RVs they might use hoses for permanant instalations . Id try to make it to the standard or better. a cross is fine!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks