Best way to plumb doublesink on 42 center

Users who are viewing this thread

RonL1

Reaction score
Currently my double sinks (in bathroom) are 42 inches apart (drain to drain) and are plumbed togeather by a t in the middle to 1 p trap out to the stack drain. It passed code 30 years ago, but it's surely not up to current code. It's also starting to get an odor for some reason. So I want to plumb it correctly..
What design should I use ? A p trap comming out of each drain and then connect togeather with a t and out to the drain. I could actually put a trap under each sink, t them in the center back to the current trap...so I would have 3. That would be kind of crazy... but what is the correct method here?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
open wall put a dff and branch off to both lavs with seperate trap arms or stack santees.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
UPC code wants 2 separate sinks to connect together with 2" pipe. The simplest method is to spit the single pipe vertically using a double fixture cross, which is 2x1.5x1.5x1.5 with each sink connecting horizontally at the same elevation. Both sinks use the common vent in the center. The vertical doesn't need to be perfectly centered if you don't have that ability.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
IPC allows 3 fixture units on a 1 1/2" line so Ronl1 I see no mention of pipe size being 1 1/2" or 2 but either way I dont see a problem making it work, and meeting code you could even stack tees and revent the lav on bottom if wet venting wont fly And of cource the double fixture fitting will work fine so I see no issue

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks