Best way to couple tee fitting with pipe for repair area

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin121

Reaction score
Hi Wayne - One more quick question, I've bought the Fernco Proflex 3005-33 coupler, but wanted to confirm that theres no issues that you can think of with using it in a vertical orientation with the vertical section of pipe?

Also what length of pipe for the in-fill section should I subtract from the actual measurement to enable me to easily slide it in between both ends? I was thinking of about 1/8" inch less than the actual length (allowing for 1/16" gap on each end) but wanted to confirm if this will be all right? Thanks again.

Kevin121

Reaction score
No problem using the Fernco on the vertical.

On the second question, is this a scenario not addressed in post #12 https://terrylove.com/forums/index....-with-pipe-for-repair-area.98023/#post-705507 ? If so, please elaborate.

Cheers, Wayne
Ok great on the Fernco. Yes I do believe you addressed this in Post #12 but I wasn't sure what you meant with "...1/8" for each stop in the shielded rubber couplings". I need to fold the rubber gasket back over itself temporarily as I insert the pipe between each coupling and then roll the gasket back onto the pipe, but don't understand what your reffering to with the stop above.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Each Fernco is 2-1/8" long (to my knowledge), with an 1/8" thick rubber stop in the middle, and 1" on each side for the pipes to be inserted. If you are installing a pipe segment (with or without fittings on it) between two coaxial fixed ends, then the final result you want is, from top to bottom:

Fixed End
1/8" rubber stop
1/16" free space for play
End of Pipe Segment
-
End of Pipe Segment
1/16" free space for play
1/8" rubber stop
Fixed End

So you cut your pipe segment to be 3/8" shorter than the clear space between the fixed ends. If it's too tight to insert your pipe segment between the folded back rubber portions of the coupling, you could trim another 1/16" or 1/8" off, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks