Best Way to Connect 1/2" PEX to new Kitchenaid Dishwasher? (DIY advice)

Users who are viewing this thread

SconnieGuy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My house has 1/2" Uponor Aquapex running all the way to the dishwasher, no braided or copper supply. It has a tee off the sink hot supply, then a shutoff valve, then a threaded water hammer arrestor, then a threaded old-style dishwasher elbow.

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

However we're getting a new dishwasher with the Whirlpool garden hose thread connection, for which there seems to only be 3/8" to GHT elbows made. So my question is what is the "right" way to hook it up? Should I attach a new braided supply with adapter right after the threaded water hammer arrestor or should I preserve the plastic line and just do something on the elbow end? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I am looking for the most reliable solution that would be used in the industry. What would y'all recommend?

Also if the best solution is a new braided supply... should I use thread sealant the same as the original connections? Should the GHT connector have thread sealant as well? Edit - I read that Watts does not recommend thread sealant or Teflon tape for their dishwasher elbow GHT connection... if that makes a difference.

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

EDIT... maybe a threaded 1/2" male to 3/8" threaded female bushing in place of the current DW elbow, and then a 3/8" threaded to GHT dishwasher elbow would be the solution? Something like this: http://www.menards.com/main/p-2276854-c-12605.htm

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks