Best Toto to avoid skid marks

Users who are viewing this thread

Jda128

Reaction score
Hi all,
I installed 2 eco Drake's a year ago and have been disappointed in it's ability to clean and the constant skid marks (love everything else). Coming from crappy old toilets with more water supply, I guess all the lower water toilets are this way.
About to install another toilet and need advice on what to get. The forum seems to say Drake II and washlet, but I'm not doing a bidet, not interested in spraying the toilet with each use (not gonna happen w kids!).
So what is the absolute best Toto for cleaning the bowl/ avoiding skid marks? Drake II? Drake 2021? Would a 1.6 be better than the 1.28? Any of the skirted? Does the glaze on the newer models actually help in real life? Would prefer skirted model, but not as important as skid mark situation.
Thanks for the help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO Drake 2021 would be a good one.
They have three bowls, standard and ADA height in elongated and the round bowl is the tall version.
Depending on the state you are in, they have the 1.28 and the 1.6 tank. They both work well.
CST776 elongated
CST775 round

cst775cefg-terrylove-01.jpg

CST774CEFG
Drake round front with a wood painted seat.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The best way to avoid skid marks is probably more fiber in your diet!

The flushing system that swirls the water around the bowl will clean better than those that use multiple holes and rain it down from the rim. The Drake II and newer use that flushing system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks