Best Source for PEX Piping and Fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Hey, Everyone,

I looked on this forum but I can't seem to locate this information. Can anyone recommend a good source for PEX-A piping and fitting? I can't seem to find any at supplyhouse.com, pexuniverse.com, and other websites that pop up on Google.

Red & Blue PEX-A Tubing. Specifically, I'm looking for red and blue colors of 1/2'' PEX-A. They sell it in white but I'm looking for tubing in solid red and blue.

PEX-A Manifold w/ Valves, 6-Port, Open-Ended. I'm also looking for a specific configuration of a copper PEX-A manifold with valves. 6-port, open-ended. I can't seem to find one anywhere. I know manufacturers make that specific configuration, but I can't seem to find a dealer that sells it.

Everhot Quality. I also noticed that PexUniverse sells Everhot-branded tubing and fittings. Does anyone know of their reputation? Given the class-action lawsuits of various brands, I'm wary of buying non-tested brands. If anyone can point out reviews of Everhot products, that would be very helpful.

Best Website. Is there a good website that has everything? I'm also curious. Is it always this hard to find appropriate parts or is the difficulty due to COVID?

White vs Red/Blue Tubing. (By the way, do you guys recommend the white or the colored piping? White looks a lot better and they sell it with red- and blue-printed tubing so you can distinguish by looking at it up close. I also think the solid red and blue colors look uglier, so I'm torn whether to install in white or color. What is your opinion?)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reach4

Reaction score
Red & Blue PEX-A Tubing. Specifically, I'm looking for red and blue colors of 1/2'' PEX-A. They sell it in white but I'm looking for tubing in solid red and blue.
Stop looking for that. They are withdrawn due to failures. Colored sleeves and red or blue ink on clear/white are offered now.

White vs Red/Blue Tubing. (By the way, do you guys recommend the white or the colored piping? White looks a lot better and they sell it with red- and blue-printed tubing so you can distinguish by looking at it up close. I also think the solid red and blue colors look uglier, so I'm torn whether to install in white or color. What is your opinion?)

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
5) I think the color of the tubing is of limited importance, unless you need the enhanced UV rating that the colored tubing may have. If you want Uponor PEX, all you can get now is the white with red or blue printing, and that distinction is certainly sufficient to identify hot/cold.

1) Go with the white with colored printing.

2) If you are comfortable soldering, you can get a Sioux Chief 672WV0644 with male (pipe-sized) sweat ends. I'm seeing differing information on whether the ends are 3/4" or 1".

Cheers, Wayne

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Reach,

I didn't realize that they failed. I'll get the white tubing then. I was wondering why it was difficult finding a place that sells them.

WWhitney,

I'll go with the white tubing.

Soldering is fine. And, the manifold you recommended actually is sold by supplyhouse.com. Unfortunately, it's a 4-port (called a 6 outlet because of the two inlets). I called Sioux Chief directly so they do make a pass-through with 6 valves. I just can't seem to find a dealer that actually sells one. I was hoping that somebody here would know of a good source. I'm going to check my local supply house as well.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I never used the colored PEX because I always thought it looked amateurish in a home, while I actually liked the look in commercial buildings! Go figure.

John

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Stop looking for that. They are withdrawn due to failures. Colored sleeves and red or blue ink on clear/white are offered now.
Just wondering if you know that PEX A is no longer manufactured? I know we had discussion early this year about failures but didn't know if they were caused by the coloring and that it had ceased production .
The colored PEX look I don't particularly like but having a crew of guys slamming it in new homes I'd prefer the color over white. Personally I think PEX almost always looks a little ugly but that's how it goes.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Just wondering if you know that PEX A is no longer manufactured? I know we had discussion early this year about failures but didn't know if they were caused by the coloring and that it had ceased production .

My understanding is that only the Uponor A colored pipe is withdrawn while their white A pipe is fine. I assume if it was withdrawn pending a class action suit, it would also have stopped production.

Seems that Uponor thought that exposing the white pipe to UV and other radiation (process not fully known) before adding the coloring to the pipe was a good idea (!!) Other companies color the PEX mixture before extruding, so other colored PEX isn't involved.

Personally I think PEX almost always looks a little ugly but that's how it goes.

Agree.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks