Best solution for basement toilet/sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrewtwallace72

Reaction score
We live in a pretty basic bungalow home with only one bathroom. I want to install a basement toilet and sink. As there is a utility sink I the basement, the most important part is the toilet. The space s super tight, so any horizontal bends would make it near impossible. I am trying to avoid bends and line up a perfect straight shot.

I made a diagram of plumbing for the house and added a few photos. The only place I think a toilet would physically fit is about 8 feet from the 4" Clean Out cap. This cap is 10" on center off the ground. I have the ability to completely do the plumbing and then recreate the wall as it's just a basement retreat, so not real construction constraints beyond just a small amount of space.
Here are things I wonder about, but I bet there’s more I haven’t even considered so appreciate any advice. Also I have zero ego here, so feel free to let me know I am crazy or likely to destroy our house.

Thanks again for any advice! Andy

IMG_8808.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.12.12 AM.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Water flows downhill. A rear outlet toilet drains at 4" above the floor. If you don't have that, then it needs to be pumped.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I had a problem in a Condo in Manhattan where a toilet had to be a back outlet and had the floor raised high enough for the toilet as bottom outlet was not an option

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks