Best size ChannelLock pliers to do plumbing work: 440?

Users who are viewing this thread

Studly

Reaction score
What size ChannelLock pliers do you plumbers recommend as a good all-around size to do residential plumbing, and I want it big enough to also work with 1-1/2" PVC threaded fittings. Is the Channel Lock 440 12" about right?

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
440 is good for most stuff. I also have 120 and a 640, the latter being essential for rebuilding toilets. Had to go down and look since I didn't know they were numbered.

Studly

Reaction score
440 is good for most stuff. I also have 120 and a 640, the latter being essential for rebuilding toilets. Had to go down and look since I didn't know they were numbered.

Thanks for the reply. For the one you use for toilets, did you mean the 460 -- the 16 inch Channellock? I don't see a 640 listed anywhere. Is the 16" about the largest size Channellock that most plumbers carry?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks