Best round Toilet for California 1.28 GPF Requirements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Timoteo

Reaction score
Last edited:

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Well I just did a round eco drake in a rental, I thought about the entrada. The drake was 225, and the shop charged me 15 to deliver to the site. I probably could have squeezed the guy for another 20 bucks, but they've saved me plenty of money on fixtures so I didn't feel the need this time. The entrada round is probably a few bucks cheaper, maybe you can get it down to 175 if you really beat someone up or buy a bunch of them. I kind of feel the drake is more common, and more supported than the entrada. I could be wrong. If the lid breaks in 5 or 10 years I feel like the drake lid is more likely to be around. The drake looks a little less builder grade than the entrada, but that may depend on your aesthetic. The flush system is the same.

Timoteo

Reaction score
Thanks. Much appreciate your input. Just looked online.... for some reason, the Toto round - Drake or Entrada - aren't available at large retailers in Los Angeles. I don't get it... where have all the toilets gone?

What seems to be available from Terry's list? American Standard Cadet or Kohler Cimarron. Any further advice would be most appreciated.

Fergusson.png
Home Depot.png
Lowes.png

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the TOTO toilets are sold by plumbers. What Lowes and Home Depot sells is what they can get easily.
Most newer toilets work well. I have also sold plenty of the Kohler products and the Cadet series from American Standard.
Either way, it's going to be good.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
I bought through a plumbing supply store that sells fixtures, they also have a counter. Ask plumbers or contractors, or look for plumbing supply or bathroom supply shops online and call around. Sometimes they show a line card on their website which will indicate of they sell TOTO.

Timoteo

Reaction score
Thanks to Terry and everyone who responded to my two postings here. I was able to get my new American Standard toilet installed. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks