Best mounting depth for Hansgrohe i-Box?

Users who are viewing this thread

krik

Reaction score
Not sure if it matters which trim is used, but I'm wondering what the right mounting depth for the iBox is so that the handles fit best with the escutcheon cover (only a small gap between them). Don't want to end up with the handles sticking way out if I can help it. In case it does matter, I'm planning to put in the 04231000 S trim.

krik

Reaction score
My best suggestion is to follow what the manufacturer recamends

Absolutely. And with the recommended setting depth 2 1/2 to 4 1/8, that leaves a potentially big range for an aesthetic mistake. I saw a picture from Terry in a recent thread that had the handles way sticking out, and I really don't want to end up with it looking like that ... but I don;t know whether that was installed in the normal range, or exceptionally shallow / deep. Instructions I can find say nothing about "ideal" depth.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks