Best Home Water Pressure Regulator

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve565

Reaction score
My Water Pressure Regulator failed again. It's a double union style. This one lasted 4 Years. We have over 120psi coming in. Any recommendations of a good one that can handle the high pressure coming in?

Attachments

• Pressure Reg.jpeg
    Pressure Reg.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 133

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of them should be able to handle that pressure. When the inlet pressure exceeds the design, sometimes, they'll use two of them in series, dropping the pressure a little in steps.

Reach4

Reaction score
What is the failure mode-- too much pressure or two little pressure coming into the house?

What make and model is the current PRV? It would be easiest to replace with the same model, or to rebuild the unit.

If putting in a different model, I would look at the Acme Cash EB25 (EB-25) units. They have a replaceable cartridge that should make future repair easier. https://www.cashacme.com/product/eb25/ There are a lot of connection variations available.

I am not a pro, and I have not worked with any PRV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks