Best HET options for a hotel?

Users who are viewing this thread

AndrewL

Reaction score
It looks like the Caroma Sydney Smart are a good choice from what I've heard about them here and elsewhere - no clogging problems and dual-flush being the main selling points, plus they aren't bad looking. I'm wondering what Terry or others would opt to install if there were a couple hundred toilets at stake :confused: Any input is much appreciated.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would avoid the dual flush because some of your guests may not get it and would experience operating troubles.

My recommendation Is the Toto Drake II Model # CST454CEFG ADA height toilet with CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone Flush

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I agree with Redwood.
The Drake II would be a good unit that is HET.

It's a tall bowl, but fairly compact.
The bowl will be cleaner then the Caroma after a flush, and the water stays in the bowl, not overspraying the seat like on the Caroma.

The Caroma does have a larger then 3" trapway, that does matter if you have a guest with medical issues, (large stools) something like less then 1% of the population.

AndrewL

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. I'll give the Toto a closer look. What exactly do you mean by overspraying the seat Terry?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some toilets splash the seat when they are flushed. A real eye-opener if you do it while seated, and annoying anytime.

Frank2010

Reaction score
The Caroma Sydney Smart is an great choice for hotels! Hotels get cleaned every day by staff so the staining issues is no different than TOTO. The Sydney Smart uses .89gpf on average and compared to the Drake 1.28gpf. Caroma also eliminates cloggs!!! The new rear outlet Sydney Smart also is the only 900 gram MAP tested gravity in the US with the anti clog trap too. Maintenance in tank is now 1/4 turn and uses a new material which extends maintenance. If you do a comparison of features you will choose Caroma.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
And you get a nice little spray on the butt if you flush sitting down. How cool is that?
They are clog proof though for those with medical problems, the less then 1/10% of the population.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks