Bernzomatic knob leak

Users who are viewing this thread

jwbr

Reaction score
I have a Bernzomatic trigger valve (don't know the number) an have a question. There is a small hole in the black knob at the top. The last couple of time I've used the valve there seems to be a lot of gas escaping from this hole. Is this normal? It kind scares the bejeezus out of me to have potential gas in my face as well as on the pipe.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am reminded of a phrase often used on NCIS by Leroy Jethro Gibbs. "Do ya think, DeNosio?" Probably spelled Tony's name wrong, but you get the idea. I think you recognized the problem before you wrote the question, so it seems a bit humorous. I was on the verge of writing some really smart-ass comments, but refrained.

jwbr

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a great sense of the obvious!
Actually I was hoping for someone to say it happens and that I could fix it with a little tweak instead of trashing it.
Oh well.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Next time you are watching the simpsons on tv, at least give the guy a break down and see whats inside. Probably some junk or a bad o- ring.

And no result, put it in to the recycle bucket, about $1.50 a pound.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Have you EVER had a propane torch ignite in your hand because of a leak? I have, and it is not something you would like to duplicate. IF the torch is leaking scrap it.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The dangerous torches are the harbor fright 5 gallon grass burner types, with rubber hose. Quite a few people have been seriously barbequed as the hose takes tank pressure, and the Chinese used old tires to make that hose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks