Bends in the primary boiler loop vs the secondary

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin Keat

Justin
Reaction score
When you connect two loops with closely spaced tees, you have a choice. One loop will have a straight run, and on the other the flow will have to go through two right angle bends.

Everyone I've seen on the internet, when they show an actual boiler installation, puts right angles in the primary loop, and make the secondary loop straight. Can you do it the opposite way? Just make the primary loop a rectangle, and have two pipes come straight off the side? This seems like it would be a bit simpler in some cases. Some of Siggi's diagrams have the straight run in the primary. I can't figure out if it's just random, or if you only want to do it in certain circumstances.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks