Bends in foot vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sazerac, Nov 10, 2019.

1. sazerac

sazerac New Member

Hi All,

I'm running the foot vent for my kitchen island and I have my 1/4" slope going to the vertical section of vent, but I have a need to add two 1/8 bends under the slab, basically so I can avoid notching too much out of my footing. So the foot vent goes from a 1/4 slope to a 1/1 slope ("vertical") back to a 1/4 slope and then finally up to the roof. I wanted to confirm whether this is allowed or not. I didn't see anything in the CPC/UPC prohibiting this for island venting, but maybe it's prohibited by a more general rule.

I also wanted to checked if it's okay to use street fittings for the loop portion of the vent. I have a 45-90-45 all street, so minimal gluing.

Thanks!

2. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    If I'm understanding correctly, you want to go from horizontal to vertical back to horizontal. That wont work. Your foot vent will hold water.

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. sazerac

sazerac New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I attached a drawing. Where the foot vent comes off the combo under the slab I have a 1/4 grade. I want to go to 1/1 for a short run, then back to 1/4 before hitting the 90 in the wall. Doing is this way requires me to do less notching on the footing. I want to avoid compromising the footing too much since it's carrying the roof load. My inspector won't allow AAVs as you have in the image you attached. Thanks again!

Attached Files:

5. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    That's fine like that, I misunderstood.