Bends in foot vent

Users who are viewing this thread

sazerac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm running the foot vent for my kitchen island and I have my 1/4" slope going to the vertical section of vent, but I have a need to add two 1/8 bends under the slab, basically so I can avoid notching too much out of my footing. So the foot vent goes from a 1/4 slope to a 1/1 slope ("vertical") back to a 1/4 slope and then finally up to the roof. I wanted to confirm whether this is allowed or not. I didn't see anything in the CPC/UPC prohibiting this for island venting, but maybe it's prohibited by a more general rule.

I also wanted to checked if it's okay to use street fittings for the loop portion of the vent. I have a 45-90-45 all street, so minimal gluing.

Thanks!

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to go from horizontal to vertical back to horizontal. That wont work. Your foot vent will hold water.

Attachments

• FH174-islandsink-main-700x525.jpg
    FH174-islandsink-main-700x525.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 157

sazerac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I attached a drawing. Where the foot vent comes off the combo under the slab I have a 1/4 grade. I want to go to 1/1 for a short run, then back to 1/4 before hitting the 90 in the wall. Doing is this way requires me to do less notching on the footing. I want to avoid compromising the footing too much since it's carrying the roof load. My inspector won't allow AAVs as you have in the image you attached. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0973.JPG
    IMG_0973.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 168
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks