Belly in sewer line

Users who are viewing this thread

Noremac

Reaction score
I'm wondering about a belly that was found in a sewer line.
Sounds like the belly is about 99' from the clean-out, spanning something like 30'. and under about 15' of sidewalk and pavement,
Does anyone have a ballpark idea on what this should cost, and how long the work might be?
There haven't been any actual issues with clogs or backups that I've heard, so I'm also wondering if this looks like it even needs to be addressed right now.
I've linked the video below for the curious

Pooling begins at about the 2:54 mark

Reach4

Reaction score
've linked the video below for the curious
The belly did not seemed that significant to me. The water line might have been what, an inch or two above the bottom of the pipe? I am not a plumber.

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
It didn't look that bad on the way back. With normal use you'll probably never have an issue if the pipe stays as it is. Normal use meaning no flushing of wipes, tampons, paper towels, etc. It would take a lot to hold back 100+ feet of head pressure if the line clogged at that spot.
As far as pricing, there are too many variables to know. How deep is it, are there utilities in the way, what are labor rates like in your area? The best thing to do if you absolutely want to fix it is to get at least 3 quotes.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Filing fee $500. Shoring (by others) $3,800 Hazmat protection $239.00 labor 3 people $600 per HR for 18 hours Materials $360

Not counting evacuation

Or as others stated leave it alone

Noremac

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.
I think i'll make sure to waterproof around my lower drains in case it ever backs up and keep an eye on it to see if problems are coming up.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probebly ok but why did you camera it? the green pipe is probebly on the city side so might not be your problem. in which case you might want them to fix it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks