Bellevue High School Reunion 1970, September 10th

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
yet, I think you got more of an education than I did... 26 and 2 kids? Yikes...

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, back then my friends were getting married early, those who didn't go to college. I never wanted to get married, until, I met "him" then, I shamefully, asked him to "marry" me. I proposed, lol. Kind of different I reckon.

I liked him.

You wonder when in high school what you will be, who you will marry, or how many kids you will have.

I remember on one invite, it said, stupidly said in my books, " Did you measure up?" There was a theme, oh, boy, and they wanted to know if you did what you wanted to do by what was written in your graduation yearbook.

I wrote in mine, that I wanted to teach. I kept it quiet what kind of teacher I wanted to be all through school for I didn't want anyone to make fun of me. So, I wrote ... I wanted to teach.

I fulfilled that.

However, I think my greatest accomplishment was in being my husband's wife. He was something special. And, then, having my sons. They are just like their dad. I couldn't ask for more...

So, if I ever attend one of those mateless functions, I will answer... yeah, I measured up, using my late husband and my sons as the yardstick. They were and are great.

* you do look good in swimtrunks. ;)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In this picture, I think Sandy is 25 at this time, Amy on the left and Jame in the middle. Cathy on the right is maybe 23 with her son on the right.

sandy_1978_beach.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Amy still looks the same! Honestly, she hasn't changed, that is a cute picture. Beautiful family, even though Jamie is bald ONLY kidding Jamie! I am sure you got some hair there. lol. Wait, you still don't have hair! I saw those pics of you performing. :) You always look good.

Isn't is a funny feeling when you see your kids sooo young?

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
So, Terry, you going to have anymore kids? :)
You could take them to the next reunion.

Cookie

Reaction score
Hospital called, on my way out the door. I talk to those who need help dealing with the big C. Later.

Cookie

Reaction score
All went well. This man had colon cancer Terry, and I told him, he would be fine, cause I know someone who has battled it, and is doing great! That someone was you... So, this picked up his spirits and when he versed his concerns about having "relations" someday, asking me if this would be possible, I knew he would fine. :) I told him, I do not volunteer for that, no test runs, and he laughed until, I saw tears in his eyes. He is fine. That makes me feel good. See, you help people here Terry and don't even know it, so many miles away even.

I forgot to tell you the most important part of tonite being there with him. I have to break the ice by talking to them, usually, I ask, silly questions like, " I bet you want to get out of here, eh?" but, tonite, since he was our age, I asked, " been to any high school reunions, lately?" first he said, " what?" which was good, because they ( the hospital) told me he would not respond to anyone for any reason, he wouldn't talk to anyone, not even his wife. I said, " gotcha" after he said, " what?"

It led into a long conversation with him doing most of the talking. He told me I was smart, and I told him, nah, under this dark hair lies the heart of a true blonde.

He loved talking about his high school days and how he played football & getting all the girls. The nurses walked by hearing us laughing and they were peeking in along, with the doctor.

So, it was a good thing. Thanks for a most useful topic.

He asked me to come back and see him again. All went well.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for the heart warming story Cookie,
My 40th reunion went really well. It was so nice to see everyone. When the DJ asked for a last song, I suggested "We are family" which many of us danced to as our end of the evening. There were a few others that thought that it was a good choice for our group.
I'm always very impressed with the people I went to school with, very sharp individuals.
And good conversation no matter which group I joined. The talk tonight was to make it every five years now, we are getting older and 68 seems a long ways off.

And yes, the Cancer subject came up, which surprised them, I am feeling much, much better.
But then, it's 100% gone, so why not be feeling good.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am curious what kind of turn over was there? Even though I don't go to the reunions I keep in touch with a few of the girls and the turnover isn't great. I do know we lost a few of the girls, 2 to suicide, which is unbelieveable, one drugs, one to cancer, one is an unknown the parents won't say and that is okay. Right now there are quite a few battling cancer. So, it is kind of sad.

Did you take a mate or a date? LOL.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have #50 coming in '12. I will probalby go to that. I have not been to one, even though they do big reunion shindigs every year. School is in MA, and I have been in CA for42 years. They publish quarterly mags, with articles about each class with anyone still alive....back in to the 20's. I keep tabs, but it is on the east coast, and I have been in touch..only rarely...with just a few folks. The alumni association hits me up a couple times a year, but I have two daughters with college and grad school alumni association on my back as well!! They do publish the birth/death stats. So far, 3 in my class of 61 graduates have passed. Lucky considering mid 60's was prime draft time in the middle of vietnam. Everyone in my class went to college; many of us later ended up in the service. I was in the Navy, so dodged the ground combat! We did have one or two guys shot up, but everyone survived that.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Out of a class of 535 we had 198 show up Friday.
Not bad for 40 years later.

I hung out a bit with Jay Fowler of H.D. Fowler Company, I remember him from at least first grade, he lives in Olympia while his brother Hod runs the Bellevue branch. I used to do plumbing on their moms place when she lived on the lake.

terry_sandy_allen.jpg

Caught up a little bit with one of the members of our performing choir members, Sandra Allen, who writes a blog for her paper and entertains professionally as a singer, she always had a great voice.

Blaine Beden, Boeing engineer, cancer survivor and excellent softball player.

Deborah Cahill, delivered over 4,000 babies since I had last seen her. She was in choir with me too.

Richard Reynolds, living the good life in Panama, danced professionally for twenty years, was in both choirs with me.

Bob Swanson, I ran against him for class vice president one year, and hung out with him in Junior High, now mentors non-profits.

Tom Lane, boy scouts and five day hikes through the Olympics in Junior High.

Kent Leslie, turns out my older sister used to be his baby sitter, now that had to be a long time ago. He now sells equipment for restaurants. ChemMark

Larry Quarnstrom, used to use his dad's patrol car (or something that was very much like it) , and tear around the freeway system, his dad was a cop. My dad was a judge. He's now construction management for the school district in Olympia.

Tom Dunn, lived in Surrey Downs near my friend Ross McMains.

Timothy Slaker, went for extra time at BHS, shared a choir class. Smart guy.

Bob Woodcock, living in Montesana now, it was good to catch up with him.

Roy Marshall, now in Florida. HazardousMaterials.com

Rick Reed, a lawyer in Seattle now. Cub scouts and boy scouts. Did a lot of hiking with him.

And a few others, but my chemo mind prevents me from remembering all the names, but if we do the next one in five years, that should clear up and I'll be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It sounds like you had a great time Terry!

Good to hear they are talking about every 5 years.. Time goes by too damn fast not to...

Cookie

Reaction score
That sounds pretty good Terry. Not a bad turn out either, actually better then what I would had thought. Out of ours what I know of, one girl is actually head of a college, another an administrator of a college, a couple are college profs, a few are teachers, alot are nurses one for oncology, so far that is I think all I know of. Oh, a few are secretaries of companies, one for a lawyer, I think... one is a lawyer. Almost all are moms. One girl I know lost her eye site, we correspond back to each other almost on a daily basis.

So, we did well. Out of all of them, I am the only writer. No matter what I am disciplined or licensed to do, I am at heart always was and will be, a writer. English was never my best subject, I am a poor speller, and horrible at grammar. But, writing is so much more involved than meets the eye. I make the most at writing, money wise. ( I did others papers for them and got paid in college) But, it sounds like you had fun and that is what counts the most when you go to those reunions. You got me thinking about going to this next one, coming up. I might want to show off my new sexy haircut. :)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks