Beckett - replace ingnition

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I have a Beckett AFG burner. It is my vacation home so only runs 1-2 months out of the year. Been a solid unit. It is a very remote area and has very little access to parts within 50 miles. So I like to have a spare set of anything that can go wrong.

I have:
nozzles
Electrodes
Oil pump
Motor

What I need:
Transformer
controller

Here is my issue.
My current system has a single box on the top of the burner. It appears it does bot the Transformer and the controler. I do not have what I see on other burners where the controler hangs off to the right side on an electrical box. My reset button is right on the top of the Transformer. This is why I feel it is a combo unit. Maybe I am wrong.

I believe this is it.

If i need to get a new transformer / controller do I need to convert to the split version. If so which do you recommend?

Rockycmt

Reaction score
Any of these match your numbers. Also need a gauge to match the output of the existing pump to set up the new one. Standard setting is 100 lbs but they can be set to 160 lbs. This varies the nozzle output and flue readings.
This is what I have.
D4663A5F-E7EC-47C7-8A84-2B6575401E19.jpeg

Fitter30

Reaction score
Thats the burner number which can't read the number left of made in the usa. There should be numbers off the controls also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks