Beckett Burner has a small leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
My furnace started to have a slight leak under the plastic housing of the burner. It drips down from where the case halves meet and drips just enough to make it stink. I started to investigate. The nozzle was all black and full of carbon. I changed that out. Electrodes all look good and gauged right. Fan blades look all clean. Pump has good pressure. Motor sounds great. Still happening. I read a similar thread (2011) here that focused the issue on a good furnace cleaning. That it is running too hot due to buildup. Only the thread does not return to say it had resolved the issue. Can this be the culprit to an oil leak?

I also read that when the burner turns off that residual oil can drip out of the nozzle and drip down to the tube that the nozzle assembly sits in . I would think this should be angled forward so it drips to the firebox. Is this something that should be looked at. Since this only just started happening I would say this is not the issue.

What are your thoughts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks