Beacon anti-condensation valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Endwrench

Reaction score
Hi All.
new to this forum but have been looking for a while. I have a question about a Beacon anti-condensation valve as the above title states. What it is, I had one given to me years ago and I went and installed it ahead of my toilet to alleviate sweating of the tank,as I have just recently remodeled my bathroom. The problem arose when I went to use the shower, I couldn't seem to get enough hot water. At first I blamed the cheapie Glacier Bay shower faucet that I got from Home Depot. Then I was down cellar a day or so later and another family member was taking a shower and I felt the supply pipes and I think that the valve is back-feeding cold water into my shower's hot water supply. I went ahead and shut the hot water to my anti-condensation valve and the problem went away.

My question is: are there internal checks within this valve that are not functioning or do I need to install a check valve into my hot water supply that feeds my toilet?

I hate to remove the valve because I piped it with CPVC to save some $$$$'s on copper and it's a pain to have to cut and splice this plastic pipe.

I checked their website and tried to contact the company, but I've been told that they are out of business.

Anyone here familiar with this type of valve?

Thanks, endwrench

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I have an anti-sweat mixing valve installed and never had a crossover issue. I picked it up at Manards more than 12 years ago. I still see them on the shelf so they must still be in production. Mine has an adjuster screw to control how much hot to blend in and I have it almost closed. If yours is adjustable you might try reducing the amount of hot.

I cannot link to it because Terry blocks the site but you can search for SP-12264

Endwrench

Reaction score
This one has an adjustment screw as well. I have tried moving the red screw in and out. It will govern the amount of hot water that ends up in the tank, but it doesn't seem to effect the cold water reversing back into the hot water side.

My search of SP-12264 was fruitless. Do you know the brand of mixing valve yours is?

Endwrench

Endwrench

Reaction score
Well that does look a lot like mine, although this one is chrome plated. For the price listed on there, it would be just as cheap to simply replace the valve and be done with it.

Endwrench

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks