Bathtub vent pipe issue

Users who are viewing this thread

RAG71

Reaction score
I am changing from a 3 handle faucet to a single handle pressure balanced Moen. When I opened up the wall the vent pipe is in the way of where the valve would need to be centered. Is this something a plumber can easily resolve, or am I better off just installing another 2/3 handle? Thanks for any advice.

vent.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can offset the vent, or offset the valve. There is no rule that the valve be centered.
There are rules about what kind of valve, and the two handle and three handle haven't been code for decades. You should have a single handle pressure balanced or thermostatic valve there.

RAG71

Reaction score
You can offset the vent, or offset the valve. There is no rule that the valve be centered.
There are rules about what kind of valve, and the two handle and three handle haven't been code for decades. You should have a single handle pressure balanced or thermostatic valve there.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks