Bathtub Replacment

Users who are viewing this thread

Yourpersonalhandyman

Reaction score
I am in the process of re-modeling my bathroom. I noticed that I would need a new left-hand tub that, for the sake of making the install easier, would have to have the exposed side be an access panel. Can anyone reccommend a manufacturer who sells this type of tub ?

My other option would be to cut out an access panel in my living room, which I would rather not do.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of the manufacturers make aprons for their tubs. Sometimes on these, you need to buy a drop in tub, an optional tiling flange, and the apron. Once you get the tiling flange kit on, you can then treat it like a niche version with an integrated apron. WIth this type, you don't need to usually specifiy left or right, since they are symetrical, you can put the skirt on either side.

joe4

Reaction score
Installing bathtub and using pump to discharge water?

How can I install a tub in my basement that has a large sewer drain real close, but don't want to jackhammer out c concrete floor for pea trap?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Don't jackhammer, have a concrete saw cutter do it.

No dust, nice clean cuts to pour to.

You really do want the p-trap in the ground.
There is nothing worse than falling out of a bathtub that has been raised to fit an above ground trap.

The trap will need to be vented to prevent siphoning.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not only do you not want to fall out of a tub that has been raised to accomodate a trap, the whole appearance will be that of a mickey mouse, jack-knife job. Do the job right to begin with and have an installation that will look good forever. I agree with Terry about having the concrete sawed, but actually a small hammer/drill will open the concrete fairly quickly, although not nearly as cleanly as the saw job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks