Bathtub overflow drain

Users who are viewing this thread

kpatnps

Reaction score
Does this look like it was installed correctly? There is a small gap here and it does not look normal.

overflow1.jpg
overflow2.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
1. Are the tub walls (inside the tub) go up straight (plumbed) or do they go up in a slight angle?
2. Is this a second floor tub, a first floor tub on slab or raised foundation? What I'm asking is do you notice leaks under the tub?

kpatnps

Reaction score
1. Are the tub walls (inside the tub) go up straight (plumbed) or do they go up in a slight angle?
2. Is this a second floor tub, a first floor tub on slab or raised foundation? What I'm asking is do you notice leaks under the tub?
Im not sure about the first question, but yes this tub is on the second floor. We havent used the tub yet so cant answer about leaks.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have not seen an overflow like that. I am not a plumber.

It looks to me as if that may just be a decorative cover, and the functional stuff is under that. Like an escutcheon in that regard.

kpatnps

Reaction score
Anyone with any suggestions on how I can fix this issue? My concern is that water will flow into this gap and cause water damage and mold,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks