Bathtub in styrofoam crib

Users who are viewing this thread

R.S

Reaction score
Hi.

We're installing our bathtub which came with a styrofoam crib similar to the one pictured in my post.
The problem is ; we're having a really hard time getting the tub stable. Next to impossible to fit it, as is.

How I see us getting it stable :

Levelling the tub, and putting some support.
Fill it with water, to weigh it down. Check levelling.
Use low expansion foam between tub and styrofoam crib, accessing through the inspection hatches.

Any tips, do or don't?

Attachments

• Monteringskasse badekar.jpg
    Monteringskasse badekar.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 394
  • kaldewei-puro-duo-665-badewanne-190-x-90-cm-266500010001.png
    kaldewei-puro-duo-665-badewanne-190-x-90-cm-266500010001.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 212

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know about your tub or styrofoam pieces.

If the styrofoam is not completely between the tub and the floor, I suggest you do the following search in this forum: mortar piles.

Even if the styrofoam is across the whole bottom , that search might give some inspiration, although I don't know how that would work.

R.S

Reaction score
I don't know about your tub or styrofoam pieces.

If the styrofoam is not completely between the tub and the floor, I suggest you do the following search in this forum: mortar piles.

Even if the styrofoam is across the whole bottom , that search might give some inspiration, although I don't know how that would work.

Thanks for the reply.

The styrofoam is one solid piece. Kind of a quick-fit for this model of tub. It covers the bottom, but has an opening for the plumbing.
The tub has no legs or support otherwise, it simply rests in the styrofoam. If they would make a styrofoam cast of my exact tub, it would be a perfect fit, but that's not the case. Instead it's kind of a serial produced one-fits-many, so some modification is needed.

I can't take the tub out, without undoing the plumbing. Not sure I'll manage to distribute the mortar sufficiently through the hatches, which is why I was hoping to go with low expansion foam. I'll have a look at the threads about mortar piles anyway.

Attachments

• isopor form badekar.jpg
    isopor form badekar.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 330

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A foam liner that doesn't exactly fit the tub. That's an interesting way of installing that. What do the instructions for that tub say?

R.S

Reaction score
A foam liner that doesn't exactly fit the tub. That's an interesting way of installing that. What do the instructions for that tub say?

Put the tub in the liner, check level, glue it. It fits in the liner, but there is more wiggle room than there should be. (I think)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks