Bathtub Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Bert Bernardo

Reaction score
I have recently had to remove the drain in my bathtub. When I went to screw it back into the iron pipe that runs under it I noticed the pipe had some play in it. I could take my finger and move the pipe some to the left and the right. Is this normal or is it a bad sign?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Normal because it's not secured to anything at the open end, until you install the drain set (strainer or waste).

Bert Bernardo

Reaction score
The IRON pipe should NOT move, but if it is connected to the cast iron with a lead joint, it could if the lead loosened up.
So you think this might be a sign of a problem? I have had intermittent problems with a strange smell in the bathroom. It's not all the time and I can't figure out what triggers it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks