Bathtub Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

tate16t

Reaction score
Hello guys,

The pipe (#12) indicated in the attached diagram in my home is slightly damaged at the top (perhaps 1/4 of it) I'm assuming due to rust. I believe I damaged it while attempting to replace the drain. It's leaking slightly. Is there a fitting I can use to fix this, keeping in mind the correct height for the drain?

pp19010.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it has a "spring" on the end, then you HAVE a pop-up drain assembly and the "pop up" portion may be missing from the opening on the bottom of the tub. IF the lever is loose, it is worn out and you need a new cover plate and handle assembly.

Jerome8283

Reaction score
If it has a "spring" on the end, then you HAVE a pop-up drain assembly and the "pop up" portion may be missing from the opening on the bottom of the tub. IF the lever is loose, it is worn out and you need a new cover plate and handle assembly.

Are you replying to the correct post?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks