Bathtub Apron and Gaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Bullock

Reaction score
Hey folks! Great forum; been learning a lot just browsing over the past week or so.

My wife and I are updating a bathroom in our house with new bathtub and tile. While dry fitting the bathtub, there is a gap underneath the apron where it meets the tile. Additionally, the ends of the apron are in contact with the tile directly. We assume this is not good as any sort of weight on the edge will force the apron to bear that weight.

Our thoughts are this:
1 - We can raise the bathtub by installing a 1/4" subfloor. In doing so, the apron will float above the tile. However, this will leave a fairly unsightly gap. We could possibly use quarter-rounds to hide the gap, however, this is not our preferred look. Thoughts or guidance?

2 - Is there a way to shave/sand the ends of the apron to match the gap in the middle? If so, what is the best way to go about doing this without damaging the tub?

The bathtub is an acrylic KOHLER Elmbrook (https://www.us.kohler.com/us/elmbro...ain/productDetail/product:1787371/1787371.htm).

Appreciate the time and input!
Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• bathtub_01.jpg
    bathtub_01.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 278
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks