Bathroom Venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveoinBoulder

Reaction score
I am working on a building that has two upstairs apartments. Both bath fans were vented into the attic and not out of the building. We are about to replace the roof- which would be the perfect time to run the vent through it. It is also possible to run it out the side of the house- through the gable although the runs would be longer (15'-20') as opposed to 6' straight up. My only concern with going through the roof is that it is yet another penetration and thus possible leak point. Would love some feedback on this.
Thanks!

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
When I used to install duct vents we through the roof as a plumbing contractor I like to install drier vents through a wall and in some condos we vent the gas appliances also r though a wall

Venting though the roof you will need 180 deg vent with a screen to keep critters our and hope you dont get down drafts

Call your local building department and ask them if side wall is allowed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks