Bathroom sink shutoff valve leak

Users who are viewing this thread

I26

Reaction score
I installed a new vanity and fixture, the hot water valve is leaking where it threads to the pipe out of the wall. It is a 3/8" connection. I wrapped the threads in teflon tape, but it still leaks very slowly. I noticed there was no gasket of any sort in either shutoff valve I purchased. Is there something I have done wrong that it continues to leak? What is the recommend fix. I have never soldered so I would like to keep a threaded connection. Thanks for the help.

Reach4

Reaction score
How did you wrap the threads? Normally you give about 3 non-spiraled wraps. If you applied the teflon tape well, I would be thinking that another turn on the valve may be needed. I am not a plumber.

Maybe a photo showing the valve including both connections would be helpful.

I26

Reaction score
I have tried 3 wraps then 5 the second time, all the proper direction so the tape does not get fouled up while threading on the valve. I am going to try some ptfe thread compound today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks