Bathroom Sink Fixture Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

eR1c

Reaction score
Hello all. So this fixture body which I outlined in the picture will turn along with the handle when turning the water on and off. The left side one does not. How is this issue fixed? The nut underneath the sink on that side is nice and snug so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20200823-145250_Gallery.jpg

eR1c

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. But I'm not sure what you mean. What part is the stem? And what would flipping it over do? Thanks.

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut the water off and turn the stem that turns the water off 180 degrees. Some have a little piece that stick.

eR1c

Reaction score
Oh gotcha. So turn it clockwise I'm assuming? And would I turn it at the fixture or from underneath the sink?

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
I’m sorry that was a terrible explanation. The handle attaches to the stem. Under the handle is the stem.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think that handle turns at the top, but the cone portion of it rotates off and then you can reinstall with the handle it the proper location.

If the lower part is moving just tighten it down.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The part you've circled is likely threaded, and you just need to turn it so that it clamps down on the surface. There may be a gasket underneath, and compressing that will help to hold it in place, but it has to be tight enough. Don't use pliers, as you'll scratch it up, but if you can't do it by hand, maybe a strap wrench, but with the curve, that may not work. If you have something like a silicone rubber or neoprene sheet, that can give you some more grip that won't mar things up.

eR1c

Reaction score
The part you've circled is likely threaded, and you just need to turn it so that it clamps down on the surface. There may be a gasket underneath, and compressing that will help to hold it in place, but it has to be tight enough. Don't use pliers, as you'll scratch it up, but if you can't do it by hand, maybe a strap wrench, but with the curve, that may not work. If you have something like a silicone rubber or neoprene sheet, that can give you some more grip that won't mar things up.
Hey thanks. I was able to tighten it by hand. I got it pretty tight so hopefully that keeps it tight. If it loosens, I get I'll get a silicone rubber or neoprene sheet as Terry mentioned and snug it up again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks