Bathroom sink drain tie in.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by AndyH, Sep 14, 2021 at 9:56 AM.

1. AndyH

AndyH New Member

I am remodeling my upstairs bathroom and I am putting in a double vanity. I was wondering if I can just tie in to the drain line with a tee either right above or below where the other sink ties in? Here is a picture of the current setup.

plumbing (Small).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2021 at 11:08 AM
  2. breplum

breplum Member

Plumbing and heating contractor
    Yes, you can add a tee, preferably to the 2" section of drain.
    Also know, that we usually use no-hub couplings when cutting in sections. So much easier than trying to move the unmoveable.
    Almost same effort and you could also cut in a double fixture tee we call a Figure 5 (NOT a Double tee!).
    The 1-1/2" elbow, if you use one, must be a long sweep elbow.

MACPLUMB likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

MACPLUMB likes this.
  4. AndyH

AndyH New Member

Thank you! Are the no hub couplings you are talking about rubber with hose clamps? Also on the water supply lines would it be acceptable to put a tee after the valves and run flex lines to each sink?