Bathroom sink drain tie in.

Users who are viewing this thread

AndyH

Reaction score
I am remodeling my upstairs bathroom and I am putting in a double vanity. I was wondering if I can just tie in to the drain line with a tee either right above or below where the other sink ties in? Here is a picture of the current setup.

plumbing (Small).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Yes, you can add a tee, preferably to the 2" section of drain.
Also know, that we usually use no-hub couplings when cutting in sections. So much easier than trying to move the unmoveable.
Almost same effort and you could also cut in a double fixture tee we call a Figure 5 (NOT a Double tee!).
The 1-1/2" elbow, if you use one, must be a long sweep elbow.

AndyH

Reaction score
Yes, you can add a tee, preferably to the 2" section of drain.
Also know, that we usually use no-hub couplings when cutting in sections. So much easier than trying to move the unmoveable.
Almost same effort and you could also cut in a double fixture tee we call a Figure 5 (NOT a Double tee!).
The 1-1/2" elbow, if you use one, must be a long sweep elbow.
Thank you! Are the no hub couplings you are talking about rubber with hose clamps? Also on the water supply lines would it be acceptable to put a tee after the valves and run flex lines to each sink?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks