bathroom renovation

Users who are viewing this thread

kay hopeful diy

Reaction score
Hi. I am renovating my bathroom. One wall of the shower is an exterior wall. I am putting insulation (rockwell comfort)... no facing on the wall. After this I am using hardi board and then onyx collection panels and an onyx collection base. The onyx collection specifies I do not need a water barrier as it is waterproof. I do not really believe this as there will be holes for the shower and grab bars etc and the corners. I was considering putting in tec membrane and crack prevention ... I am not sure if the silicon will stick to that.( silicon is used to hold up the onyx). Other than that I could put some other type of vapor barrier up... a membrane or poly or something before the hardiboard I am also painting the haradiboard as I have heard the silicon that holds the onyx up will stick better to the paint. I could use a vapor barrier paint. I currently am planning on using a latex wallboard primer. (I also am not sure if paint sticks to the membrane or if i use the membrane then maybe i don't need the paint or is the paint enough of a water barrier anyways). Any recommendations from anyone on weather to use the membrane or any vapor barrier... I am worried this might mean I have two valpor barriers.. the onyx and the membrane or whatever else I use.... by the way the shower back wall is into the garage not the outside. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks